MAY 4.35% 2.4¢ melbana energy limited

Hurricane season July > November.Cuba is in North western...

1. 623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Hurricane season July > November.
    Cuba is in North western Caribbean quadrant , it seems most of the hurricane paths head over DR and Haiti ..before they reach Cuba and then lose strength , or they skirt south into the GOM and head inwards to the Floridian sea board.
    Always mindful ,this is the Caribbean and hurricanes happen , however no real different to drilling in North Sea or Atlantic during winter storm period Dec - April, I have been out there on platforms and floaters in force 11 and 20- 25 meter waves..quite a few times in my younger days. Drilling ops only impacted by max 2 days...
    Also as well, we are onshore, so no issues to make safe , if by the unlikely chance , the rig goes on Hurricane watch, simply, pull back to cased hole and shut down ops...Any Hurricane path to Cuba is known well in advance, not like you just wake and they just pop up of the coast, they will be tracked a week or more out, whilst still forming in the Atlantic..
    Also Modern rigs are quite capable to withstand massive winds, no need to rig down, just a soft shut down of ops for a few days...
    So I see no real impact what so ever with us drilling July - November.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $79.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $6.13K 261.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1618217 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 1113129 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.06am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.