CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Afternoon Max, one would have thought now that ASIC is no longer...

1. 1,073 Posts.
    Afternoon Max, one would have thought now that ASIC is no longer dependent on the ASX for notifying them of let’s say ‘interesting trading’ that they would be even more ‘thankful’ when someone comes along with the amount of information that is presented in this report. (especially as they more than most certainly have the surveillance technology to pick these things up)

We all know of course, as a number of posters have pointed out here, that share trading happens everyday, there are literally millions of transactions happening on a daily basis, it’s the name of the game etc etc…and all that is true of course to some degree.

Very hard to really detect that something is remiss with millions of transactions taking place, how does one detect ‘interesting trading’? or I think its called ‘unusual trading’ ( don’t you just love the terminology) without something like a whistleblower?? The real problem occurs if a lot of trading appears to fall within a range that appears ‘normal’ very hard if not impossible to pick up. So clearly there are some inherent problems of proving that ‘naughtiness’ might be going on.

The half full glass perspective for me with this report is basically that so much work has already gone into it, giving ASIC a serious signpost stating ‘’check all this out, most of the work has been done already’

This, I think presents both a golden opportunity and a difficulty for ASIC, golden opportunity because I am fairly certain that they would very rarely be presented with such a concise and comprehensive report highlighting ' share trading issues'. It also has the capacity to present a problem for them as well, how does one just ignore the findings? They can't just simply push the whole report away without some serious consideration of the presented facts.

If they were to just dismiss the whole report with some bland statement of no consequence, there are other bodies that probably would welcome the opportunity to score a few points in the financial media.

I’m sure ASIC would not want to appear as if they haven’t done their job properly by not giving the report the due respect it warrants. I’m therefore quite optimistic that there are not only interesting times ahead for Cudeco but interesting times ahead for how this report is handled. Of course it would be naive of all of us to think that there isn't also the possibility that the report is ignored by all and sundry ( can't see it myself but anything is possible)...irrespective what the the outcome will be, it will never detract from the tremendous work the author has put in on behalf of not only CDU shareholders but all battler shareholders involved with the market.

Anyways that’s enough on the subject this week for me.

Cheers to all longtermers, enjoy the weekend.

Dossa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.