CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

cudeco shorting activity, page-186

1. 168 Posts.
    aka,

Sholtzy - Bitzer and My assertion is the price fell from north of $4 to $1.37 in 3 months because M & G dumped their entire holding 34m shares. Max and Roh assertion is because of shorting - The chart below shows CDU shorts are little changed now than when M & G was selling yet the share price has gone up by 60% while Max figures imply that shorting is increasing on a daily basis - the cumulative short numbers shows that assertion is clearly incorrect.

I propose that the drop from $4 to $1.3 was due to a combination of;
    • m&g selling their holdings

• brokers, funds & shorting traders gleefully boarding the train

• a general sell-down of the Australian stock market by American interests

• an increase in downramping by associates on the discussion boards to convince long term shareholders to sell out

I also suggest that the official cumulative short numbers that you like to report do not include shorting facilitated by borrowed/rented stock which is not strictly shorting because the traders are selling stock they hold, albeit borrowed.

so I'd tend to agree with Max that shorting has played a big role in the sell down of cdu's sp, and again, you won't see that shorting activity in the official short numbers, which is possibly something that the asx and the BEOT don't want retail investors to understand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.