CUE 0.00% 9.6¢ cue energy resources limited

Your post literally mirrors my thoughts on CUE and that of other...

1. 712 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 370
    Your post literally mirrors my thoughts on CUE and that of other SH's I have had the chance to discuss this with. The primary criticism of CUE is that the current SH structure is strangling the company and limiting its true potential.

We are hoping to co-ordinate a group of minority SH's to engage with CUE management with regard to this. The actual message will depend on the groups final agreement however the issues as they currently stand are;

1. There is basic support for the CUE's current business model
    2. CUE needs to reconsider the current capital expenditure forecasts
    3. CUE should consider a return to SH's either through a dividend or buyback
    4. CUE needs to attempt to resolve the current SH structure and its negative affect on the share price
    5. The minority group is committed to working with CUE to resolve these issues

We can't directly say to CUE "hurry up and merge, T/O or privatise" however there is definitely that undercurrent!

Its a given we are the minority group and therefore don't carry a big stick! That said the group already represents 2.6% of all SH's making us the 3rd largest SH group after NZO and Petrochina. The target is to get to 8% of all SH's which would then provide us with a real voice.

I'm pretty sure NZO and Petrochina have had discussions but haven't reached any agreement. Their combined SH is 67%. Another 8% would hit the threshold of 75%.

OG is always in the background in any of these discussions. A number of CUE SH's are also NZO SH's and are familiar with OG's unsuccessful T/O attempt of NZO. OG were at 70% prior to their T/O attempt and were unable to reach the 75% required. OG are unlikely to want a repeat of this with CUE. By engaging with CUE/NZO/OG we might be able to advance these discussions.

@jophda I hope this gives some idea of what we are planning to do. Not something I would have normally attempted however with only 310 SH's owning 92% of CUE it provides this opportunity.

Any other SH's who share a similar view are welcome. The more SH's we represent the stronger the collective message will be.

Anyone who would like to discuss this further offline my email is [email protected]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 10.0¢ 9.6¢ $42.26K 427.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 243485 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 73417 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.7¢ 289051
Last updated 15.59pm 17/06/2024 ?
CUE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.