CUE 4.55% 10.5¢ cue energy resources limited

CUE on the radar, page-7

1. 3,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1133

Settle Gents, I started this upward little avalanche by buying 1 mil@7 cents 2 days ago, I think everyone has piled on in FOMO mode. I am a sergeant Schultz.

I made a motza on SFG and cashed out as I think with China's debt to GDP ratio and Trump pushing them over the brink with tariffs then now is not a good time to be raising funds for a prawn farm, but also thanks to Trump O&G are good. I placed 2/3 on CTP and was going to up my stake further but the new gas discovery at palm valley pushed the SP too high. So I bought CUE instead.I have the following thoughts to share . The POO is not always a reliable indicator for SP as the oil  price can go down as well as up and lets face it $7.5m is slim pickings in O&G as profits go. 

At todays share price the P/E ratio is high 6's so I see little downside @7c.

Why is an O&G minnow with roughly $20m in the bank and no debt prepping for an up to 25% capital raising? I wonder if they arent deciding to spread their wings and take a punt. Ironbark is an elephant. If CUE decides to retain 20% equity for the exploration well, then they will need about $4m to drill and then another say $20m for a production platform, xmas tree etc etc. I see no suggestion they are to be free carried with the well. So maybe this suggests they are going to bite the ironbark themselves. 1 in 100 exploration wells ever becomes a production well so an exploration well with an estimated 1 in 4 chance of success would be a very good 1 off chance to become a billion $ company..Otherwise they will remain a cashed up minnow. I can see good reason for NZO to swallow the minnow before Ironbark but also if CUE takes on Ironbark they still have good exposure to a good outcome but if the outcome is -ve it will have little effect on their SP. Come si come sa. For me it suggests that Ironbark is set to go.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $73.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $8.603K 79.97K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 177731 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 759708 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.