AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

culture of entitlement, page-2

1. 5,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Seriously, Flanners had that to say? moaning about middle class welfare? Spare me a moment while I moan about middle management welfare...

In the last 4 years, the owners of the company have copped losses amounting to $229 million now, thank goodness we've got a tax benefit from the government otherwise we'd be facing much steeper losses.

During the last 4 years:
    The base salary for a non executive director has increased 220% from $75k to $165k.
    The base salary for the chairperson has increased 363% from $167k to $606k.
    The base salary for the company secretary has increased 207% from $195k to $404k.

I mean, the company has become a charity for a select few to live the high life on the shareholder's back. It's about time Flanners got his head out of the sand and sniffed the company for a moment, what he says about the "culture of entitlement" and "misapplication of welfare" is easily applied to the culture within our company.

There are real problems in here - I too believe we must change our culture so that it's the company's obligation to deliver needs not wants. The onus must be squarely on the managers if they're to have their wants.

Currently, our willingness for splashing money around has destructive flow-on effects resulting in an increased cost to business and all sorts of volatility... making it even harder to attract international investment.

We need to look at reform... the middle management welfare that we seem to somehow be addicted to paying - you know, the $10,000 weekly cheques we write - is this really the best way to build our company? Do we really want to be paying welfare addicts this much, growing at an inflation rate of over 20% year on year, to run our company?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.