cure for cancer...you can invest, page-79

1. Neo
    2,195 Posts.
    Silver, there's no need to get all defensive just because I'm sceptical about this company. I might of been abit harsh in my first post, however with a thread titled "cure for cancer...you can invest", I couldn't help myself.

You've right I haven't done any proper research on this company, although it appears there's no published studies I can read yet anyway. In this case I don't think it takes "gospel knowledge" to realize that taking a Novel compound through in it's pre clinical stage, and then through the necessary clinic trials in order to get the interest of a big Pharma- will likely cost 10's of millions of dollars more, with no guarantee's of anything. People looking to invest now should be aware of that, and be prepared to get tapped again for funding multiple times along the way.

I think it's something like for every 5000 compounds discovered in the pre-clinical stage, only about 5 will make it through the entire FDA approval process. Obviously the odds of getting picked up by big Pharma are far greater, however it shows the risks big Pharma need to take in order to pick you up during the early stages, and also the real risk of failing to get through each stage of trials along the way.

As you've pointed out company's do strike deals in the early stages, especially those on the Nasdaq- however it's really a different world they survive in. They often seem to have "big swinging dicks" in the MGMT department with industry experience, who set-up partnerships and lucrative funding arrangements( Aussie biotechs are Notorious for having inexperienced MGMT teams), with proper (peer respected) research teams and ever growing pipelines of new Novel compounds. The other big difference is they have access to $$ through venture groups or cornerstone type investors with deep pockets. Most Aussie biotech's don't really have that luxury, especially when your an unlisted micro company with little/ no real peer supported research to back up your claims.

Now by no means do I claim to have "gospel knowledge of the industry", nor would I recommend you take my advice. I've made lots of money investing in Biotechs, I've also lost lots of money aswell. However in this case, all I'm offering is a realistic opinion of expectation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.