Actually, I'll give her a bit of credit here.We were all very...

1. 35,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Actually, I'll give her a bit of credit here.

We were all very under prepared and it would have been an incredibly tough call to do something like Jacinda Adern did in a pre Covid world.

Maybe protecting the vulnerable might be a great idea in the future if we had were well prepared before hand ?
    Post Covid we probably need to, as a country, plan for events such as these. Have various strategies and financial plans such as job keeper etc ready to go so that we can act quickly and decisively.

There are so many things that would have to change. How aged care homes are staffed would be a starting point. Paying people ( casuals ) to stay home when sick would be another thing. That might mean that we have to have a national sick leave fund for casuals or something like that.

Continue with the National council so that states can close their borders super quick with plenty of federal assistance . And so on.

That said, I seriously doubt we could physically lockdown such a big part of the community quick enough anyway. Next time it might be something more deadly and more contagious than Covid.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out post Covid.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.