@acorn I read this morning about the flights from Victoria into...

1. 11,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1270
    @acorn

I read this morning about the flights from Victoria into NSW. I was very surprised.

The hotel security bungling will cost Labor politically.

But the greatest real cost is on the community. Here is a story from a friend working in a medical follow up team, following up people at home who are Covid-19 positive. The purpose of the medical follow up phone service is to check on the medical conditions of the people. The service is manned by highly skilled medical professionals.
    Caller ringing parent of 10 year old at home with the virus. "Hello", a young girl answers the phone, "can I speak with mum or dad please", they are not here at the moment. "Can you tell me where they are". They are both in hospital with corona virus. "Is there anybody else with you?" No I am at home looking after my little brother.

That young girlwas just 16 with a sick brother and both parents in hospital, They had no other extended family to help them. What a god awful situation for that family. Community Services were contacted to help the family, make sure the chidren were safe and then get them the support they needed.

This is the hidden trauma this virus inflicts. It is not only the elderly but also the vulnerable.

We cannot let this happen to anybody else otherwise as a society what have we become.

Note: my feedback from the hospital system is that it is critically short of staff with so many infected and even more close contact colleague's in isolation for up to 7 days. Hospital staff are also fearful of a tsunami of patient health problems because patients are crrently not presenting for things like chest pains.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.