NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Think one of the most exciting things about being in long...

1. 90 Posts.

Think one of the most exciting things about being in long term-short term or any term is this 'new frontier' type of feeling for shale gas and NWE. Apologize for asking these questions on our forum if not appropriate but I think it is. Please dont cause any innconvenience by answering.

Shale gas is such an exciting concept it has dragged me to educate myself as much as I can about how the shale gas is extracted or in theory anyway, now I have questions about the 'rig' or instrument that we are waiting on from Halliburtons.

1. What does rig do, please excuse any stupid questions as a miner I am not. Does it discover gas or does it extract it to surface or does it measure the pressure it would come at or does it measure the quality of findings, or does it do all the above.

2. Halliburton look such an immpressive company, like the US ownership of this company, and the educational area on website. Think it gives me confidence they are involved. As well love that they have US base and I presume heaps of experience in these 'fracs'. But would NWE possibly one day have their own rig, or is travelling infrustucture (rig) a different cost to permanent rig. Or is that what a farm out is we get others to 'share costs'of our holdings for doing services.

3. How do they move a rig, once again not being funny is it attached to heaps of trucks and pulled along or is it in pieces and has to be put together like a big maccano set. Does it pull up and we start to frac or does it take a few days to set up.

Go NWE, sorry if I have caused any work to anyone not important just curious.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.