SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Bergo Brexit and the pound drop has good /bad...

1. 2,018 Posts.
    Bergo

Brexit and the pound drop has good /bad ......opportunities and threats about it.

What it does do is change the parameters & improve UK economy flexibility. It could be decades before we can guage whether it is a good or bad thing for the UK.

For me I am clear I want the British people to be able to do the same as the Ozzies . Your PM Whitlam was rapidly shed with the Queen as the mechanism when the need arose. As the EU commissioner's law had precedence over the Queen's legislation .....the whole point of a people's monarch was under threat . Not any more.

7 years negotiation EU- Cananda on a trade deal now stymied by the Walloons ( french speakers) in Belgium . Ho Ho what a waste of negotiating time.

I have a notion that, while we cannot see into the mist, we brits are sufficiently resilient to ensure there will be good reasons for the GBP to bounce back although not nescessarily overnight ( Not just when oil prices rise). The timing of any possible bounce back could well suit SGH shareholders over the next few years. UK is 5th largest world economy and the pound is down because of a few dealers in the currency markets.

The last time they had 40% youth unemployment in EU was in the late 1920's the outcome was not good. I bet you never see 40% unemployment in the UK.

Meanwhile I am now relaxed about February - but the mood music on NIHL is still misty.

Mel

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.