SVL 2.94% 16.5¢ silver mines limited

current and future valuation, page-3

1. 3,351 Posts.
    dc1234,
    this is like the eight instant of me trying to explain OVR. Their market cap is still close to where it was at 30cps...their valuations are accurate for their in-ground resources and nothing has changed but the price of spot zinc. The key reasoning for their drop is a massive capital raising that DILUTED their issue. This effectively brought a negative sentiment towards their stock. Couple that with the massive downturn in the global stock market and we have low prices. Quite simple really.

MNB is a POTASH AND PHOSPHATE play. If one is interested in agricultural juniors on the ASX and believe that the price of fertilizer and food is going to increase, then have a look at their prospects. Otherwise, my OPINION is to stay out of the way.

SVL's resources are not going to vanish anytime soon. If you believe in higher precious metal prices in the mid term, then all silver plays on the ASX will give you a higher upside, in my opinion. Juniors are cyclical in nature so do not expect their share prices to rise constantly. The volatility in the market is unforgiving.

One needs to take ALL THINGS INTO CONTEXT when discussing the depression of a share price. It's easy to just sit back and look at the chart at any one time and infer without reading up on their history, drill results, capital raisings and announcements. The market has changed dramatically since 2008. It is certainly not a buy and hold strategy anymore...long term = 6 months, mid term = 3 months and near term = < 1 month, in my opinion.

And for the record, the valuations of OVR was primarily done at 7-10cps. It increased to 40 cps during the course of a year and on good drilling news. As such investors who followed through on my valuations and did their own due diligence would have made a lot of money. Once the management did that massive capital raising, it went pear shaped. The in-ground valuation only changes with the price of the underlying commodity price.

Hope that clears that up for you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $248.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $496.7K 2.951M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 38364 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 615122 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.