PDN 4.10% $15.50 paladin energy ltd

I had a huge holding bought in the dark days at $0.085 but it...

1. 996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    I had a huge holding bought in the dark days at $0.085 but it was in my super. Sat on it at $1.04 because I couldn't spend the money and couldn't reinvest even half of the profit due to 25% percent of holding rule if I had sold. Had to sell in February when I retired to buy my house. So at $0.87 I sold. I know it will climb over $2. Planned on sitting very long term on them because I believe it will go ballistic. I didn't want to sell it .....planned on using my WxC holding instead but they shat themselves from $11 to $8 just before retirement.

Had to buy a house after returning from living in the USA for 3 years. Sold my Brisbane house because I was going for a few years and used a bit of the money to buy shares in PDN and some coal mines. Couldn't put much of the money into super shares so a lot of cash was just sitting there in super. So NO choice but to sell something to buy a house again but had to wait for retirement to do it. Like all good investors I monitored daily and spreadsheeted my holdings waiting for the day (February) and endured the rises and falls of PDN, coal and lithium. The 2020 pandemic stock correction allowed me to buy more shares with the cash in the super and circumvent my superfund % rules as the shares % declined compared to cash %. Then the shares % blew out again and I couldn't do any more than just wait. It really was an anxious December to February. You don't really start to fret until you can actually touch the money in super. It's all paper profit and loss for those 35 years of working and building your balance. It was only in the last 5 years that I took control of it away from the generic super fund and put a lot of it into a self-invest account. (of course that option has been discontinued for new members in my fund). I figure that they realised that members were doing a better job in some cases.

Genuinely hope PDN isn't pooched on you again and it hits at least $1 again. This SP build-up looks different to the normal pump and dump. It just looks like the market is content to trade it within a 6 cent range. I'd expect a little decline tomorrow but be wary. The 11.5 cent rise over past 2 days is interesting.

all IMO of course. not advice....don't sell or buy based on this. The tendency of peaks and lows to magically align on a cyclical basis is just coincidental.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.50
Change
0.610(4.10%)
Mkt cap ! $4.626B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.00 $15.50 $14.85 $20.41M 1.337M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 999 $15.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.52 400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$15.47
  Change
0.610 ( 4.74 %)
Open High Low Volume
$15.09 $15.48 $14.86 264850
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.