LYC 2.03% $6.74 lynas rare earths limited

Not sure if this was for CJ. I bought it because I think Lynas...

1. 7,580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    Not sure if this was for CJ. I bought it because I think Lynas has great potential. I think the management team is doing the right things. The world economy is growing. Everything is the same except economy. We are in the longest, strongest growth cycle since the great depression, and that Cycle was extended by WWII, nothing last forever. Trump is throwing lots of problems at it. The great depression was started by trade wars. Today the economy is much more trade based than it was then. There has been a strong rotation from Growth stocks to Value stocks for about 9 months. I have no idea if this is a sign of problems to come or a cause of problems to come but it has been a 100% predictor of corrections. On the other hand Growth stocks PE is lower than it has been before the last 3 corrections so maybe there is still room to grow. Growth PE is above its average for last 30 years.
    It was a hard decision to sell Lynas. It was one of the last two I sold. I sold it over 6 months after I started changing sectors. It had the highest potential of any stock I owned. Unfortunately it was also very high risk as well as very high gain. World conditions kept increasing the risk. If we have a correction many of the users of REE will be hit early. Autos are fist hit in most corrections. Even ICE cars use lots of REE Ford GM and Toyota have the highest stock of unsold cars for this time of year since banking crisis. None of the car manufacture are advertising 2019 models. Yet TV is full of adds discounting and telling you how great 2018s are. None are using end of the year slogans because they do not want you to think about new models.

There is always a good chance I will be wrong. I am not selling stocks like Lynas and putting the money in a mattress. I am buying value stocks. Stocks which in the first half of 2018 closed the gain gap with growth stocks. Who MAY in the second half have better gains than growth even before dividends.

Lynas SP growth is still good but it is slowing this is normal, still needs to be considered.

Today $2.26
    High $2.96 down 24%
    Jan 2 $2.33 down 4 %
    One year ago $2.05 up 10%
    Two years ago o.71 up 320%

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.74
Change
-0.140(2.03%)
Mkt cap ! $6.300B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.75 $6.83 $6.72 $13.84M 2.049M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4099 $6.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.77 3692 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.