CSL 0.34% $292.01 csl limited

re: csl p/e Whoa................sounds like somebody has lost...

1. 1,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    re: csl p/e Whoa................sounds like somebody has lost some money on CSL! I can only assume your diatribe was directed at me (as I brought up the doubling method) so forgive me if it wasn't. Here's some points for you my friend:

1. I never mentioned buying or selling CSL myself-I was trying to help out a fellow poster with his PE calculations. Lighten up!

2. FYI I have sold CSL in the past........at around 45 bucks and if that makes me stupid then I'm happy to stay that way. Perhaps you were buying off me??

3. I did mention that I may look at another PE calculation method depending on its future prospects if in fact I was interested enough to know -I'm not as I don't even glance at stocks like CSL when they have that sort of chart. Some savvy people have shorted it.

4. It is an attitude of "I'm right and the market is wrong" that has so many people in trouble at the moment.

5. If you keep buying stocks at all time lows you are asking for trouble.

6. If the market still thinks CSL is a dog I would wait for some indication that the market has changed its mind before buying. With all due respect your thoughts ain't going to move the market and in the end MARKET SENTIMENT RULES.

7. Justifying a purchase by saying CSL is a growth stock will lose you just as much money as all those who bought stocks like TOL,WES,COH,ALL,RMD,NTG,CPU all the way down from their peak. Unfortunately when sentiment turns on you the market brings PE's down faster then your EPS can go up.

8. CSL may be approaching a bottom but there's no evidence of it yet. I assume your argument would have been similar at $35 and $25. All you can say for sure is that we are closer to the bottom than we were at $25.

I sincerely wish you good luck with CSL but believe me- although a lot of the things you said make fundamental sense and would work in a bull market, this ain't a bull market and there are far better opportunities out there than CSL.

All the best.

Ed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$292.01
Change
-0.990(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $141.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$292.33 $292.85 $290.25 $152.1M 521.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 591 $292.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$292.01 99 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.