CSL 0.19% $311.70 csl limited

current p/e is this right???, page-13

1. wot
    9,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1390
    re: csl p/e.... whoa wot Seriously? but thats exactly what I was trying to say? On this basis EPS of 25 are completely unreflective of CSL future earnings capacity and can be disregarded. Thus we can revert to Hartley's EPS of 110 predicted for this period (which presumed none of the negatives) or possibley use an even higher EPS. I'll allow you to calculate the PE using 1.10+. Wouldn't you say $1.10 would be a good start having removed the negatives?

CSL's valuation depends on whether you think the negatives will be ongoing or are simply short lived. I'm opting with short lived.

Sorry I just get a tad tired of reading short sighted analysis that showed little forethought. Use of a doubled half year EPS was a classic example. I thought inclusion of an opposing view would help stop another flawed opinion being sold to the uninformed investors.

I agree with your point "current earnings are only a guide of future earning potential". I don't exactly know why you directed that finance 101 lesson my way? Anyway thanks for helping to corroborate my point.

While I'm on my high horse, I can't believe the creditibilty bestowed on Stocko's hotcopper posts. The guy is a "pump and dumper" from way back. Examples proving my case stretch right back to his commencement in the world of trading during the tech boom, surprisingly. You remember PEM? or the period of being temporily banned from hotcopper and potentially pursued for blatant ASIC breaches, stocko?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$311.70
Change
0.580(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $150.6B
Open High Low Value Volume
$308.37 $311.70 $307.33 $411.6M 1.374M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 55 $310.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$311.74 904 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.