LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

all the billions of shares on issue with more still to be issued...

1. al1
    2,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    all the billions of shares on issue with more still to be issued plus the mountain of debt are a poison pill for any one contemplating any takeover.

Lyc produces quality products but China dominates the global production market.

If China decided it wanted to be the sole supplier it could flood the market at prices that would cause massive losses for LYC...another poison pill. China would of course suffer significant financial damage and probably many global sanctions.....but since when did that ever stop the Chineses.....they think 50 years ahead not short term....

Lyc ,has to consistently make significant profits ,receive more cash from share issues and significantly reduce its debts to make it worth the attention of any one contemplating any takeover.....

Foe now its sits in a unique position and Japan likes to be independent of any changes in Chinas' attitude .
    (hence the strong support of JARE )

It will be a long road to real success but the company now appears to be on track.

Any short term expectations of rises to 18 c ,20c or higher are not realistic.
    16c appears to be the top out point ...for now......

Down the road when debt has been significantly reduced,resulting in lower interest payments,I expect a capital reconstruction of 1 share for every 10 share son issue....but not before all warrants and options are exercised..

I set my exit at 15.5c and was taken out on wednesday.....now I will sit back and watch for months till I see an acceptable low risk entry level.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.