CCF 4.35% 12.0¢ carbon conscious limited

current share price 26cents; 2014 eps 26cents, page-22

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Just on the Clean Energy Future legislation being wound back by Phony Abbott...

Not a snow-flake's chance in hell.

1. Abbott would need to win the next election - might happen.
    2. Abbott would need to get the repeal through the lower house - probably will happen.
    3. Abbott would need to get the repeal through the upper house - will never happen while the Greens have the balance of power. Never. It is a fundamental plank of their platform, God love 'em. Plus they have 14-15% of the national vote and the only way is up, IMHO.

The problem with all this ridiculous lame-ass talk of "uncertainty" is that the big energy generators will use this to their advantage. There is already talk of watering down the LRET because they are too cheap to invest sufficiently in clean energy and are looking down the barrel of paying penalty rates or buying RECs off the market, which is exactly the way the LRET has been designed so we get to 20% renewable energy by 2020.

The other thing I wanted to say is that Phony, if he ever gets elected, is likely to try and drop his Direct Action policy. The way I see it he will have to, because he ain't gonna be able to repeal the Clean Energy Future legislation.

But even in the snowflake's chance in hell that he was able to repeal it - surely the Coalition's Direct Action policy is even better for CCF? Their policy involves an enormous amount of soil carbon sequestration (some say there is not enough available land in the country) and I would have thought that CCF was in a prime position to take advantage of this new business, as and when it emerges.

I'm no expert on their business model, but I've taken a small position based on their recent announcement and intend to buy more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.