GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Sorry to disappoint. I never said there was zero demand for 1PG....

1. 272 Posts.
    Sorry to disappoint. I never said there was zero demand for 1PG. I said the HR/Recruiting demand and the ability to significantly monetize that are severely limited. Why is this? Well, in my experience working for regional as well as global companies prior to my retirement, HR is a cost center and has usually very limited power in organizations (i.e. little to no budgetary power). The best recruiting system will never directly increase profitability or outcomes in a business. It may indirectly SUPPORT one of those things depending on who it hires, but companies will not invest as much in that. 1PG and GSW are completely different products, commercial models, strategies, and ultimately the reach (or as I said addressable market). Hence, I invested in GSW, but did not invest in 1PG even with all of the hype. Whether companies have raised that money is irrelevant to my point about what I perceive the addressable market to be.

Who Amazon invests in or partners with is also little concern to me, as I had a position in GSW before Amazon came along. Amazon is also invested in a home security publicly traded stock. I have not opened a position in that stock as well.

I don't invest off of the backs of institutional investors personally, so yours is a straw man argument. I invest based on what I perceive the success probabilities, strategy, reach, and outcomes to be. In fact, if you get in early enough before the instos, as I have done with other investments, you can walk away with a larger bagger.

As for last mile logistics, as a strategy, this area is an emerging opportunity and doing it well can result in competitive advantages, customer retention, revenue enhancement (higher retention, avg order size, and acquisition), as well as cost saving of course. Much more attractive play for me to make at this juncture rather than the HR/recruiting space. If there comes a time where the poles shift and HR/recruiting gets tremendous power of the purse in organizations, then perhaps I will consider something like a 1PG. However, then I would also have to consider the fairly mature applicant tracking systems that are entrenched when determine what the opportunity represents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.