CVN 2.44% 20.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

current situation

1. 9,419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5116
    Hi Folks,

I just posted the following on the CDU thread after a comment by SSkim regarding CVN. I thought it was more pertinent to the CVN thread than the CDU thread - so I'm also posting it here. I hope it is of some interest.

Hi SSkim,

Just a couple of knee jerk reactions to CVN.

To me, it currently looks seriously "over-bought". Just one indicator as an example - daily RSI is over 80 (70 is the usual marker for over bought) and turning down.

Yesterday's trading looked like exhaustion trading after a long run up of about 2 months and a move from about .45 to .70. A good move.

The candle yesterday gapped up after that big run up - suspicious in itself - but then the candle was a "tombstone" doji. A reversal day on good volume - not a good sign.

Today has gapped down from yesterday - leaving yesterday's candle as an "abandoned baby" - strengthening the case for an exhaustion day yesterday.

Its still early in the day - so those comments on today's action are contingent comments. Anything could still happen today to negate those comments.

Also, one day's trading does not make a trend (as I've stated before as a cautionary comment).

However, the action of the past three days is not looking bright at this stage.

A confirmation of a break by the indicators needs to occur.

This could just be the start of a sideways to slightly down consolidation - one only knows for sure as it develops and the indicators give direction.

The share price has been very positive on an intermediate/long term basis. So any pull back might be a great buying opportunity.

But I, for one, would wait and see how this plays out.

I'm not familiar with the CVN fundamental situation. (And I'm not a great fundamental analyst.) You may be more au fait with what has been happening there, and have a good feel for its situation.

Just judging by the intermediate/long term chart - it must have sound footing. So a pull back here and then bounce would be very positive.

To back the longer term situation, the weekly MACD has just gone positive - a big plus for further upward movement in the share price if a pull back here occurs.

Apologies to CDU'ers for this post about CVN on the CDU forum.

Cheers
    Red

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $357.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ $377.2K 1.884M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 517767 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 944125 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.