FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Indeed. DRC's new mining code (which puts foreign-owned miners...

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    Indeed. DRC's new mining code (which puts foreign-owned miners at a disadvantage to Congolese ones) probably had a lot to do with that. Since the code went into place, a new president (Tshisekedi) has been elected. However, the outgoing president (Kabila) was pushing for Tshisekedi to appoint Albert Yuma - the managing director of a state-owned mining company - as Prime Minister1. Whilst Tshisekedi did the sensible thing and ignored Kabila's lobbying, it wouldn't fill me with a great deal of confidence if I was an AVZ holder.

Even though Mali isn't exactly the lowest risk jurisdiction on Earth to go mining, at least the Malian Government is giving some encouragement to foreign-owned miners to develop the sector.

Whilst the reported size and quality of Monono is tantalising, the jurisdiction risk is enough to keep me away from AVZ for now. Goulamina would appear to have easier access to transport routes than Monono, too.

Both AVZ and MLL are sitting on vast quantities of top-shelf Li reserves, but the locations of their respective reserves add extra layers of complication. Whilst AVZ may be sitting on a bigger and/or better resource than MLL, I can see the journey to develop Monono being somewhat tougher than that of Goulamina.

All IMHO. GLTAH (this means AVZ holders too)

1 https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/africa/Felix-tshisekedi-turned-down-joseph-kbila-PM-pick/4552902-5063776-11us1f1/index.html
    Last edited by tone76: citation needed 29/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.