CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

I strongly agree. But while organic is best, and should...

1. 76 Posts.
    I strongly agree. But while organic is best, and should theoretically operate as a "best practice" , it is often just a Branding Tool, to be utilized in the markets it applies to.

I used to manage a blueberry orchard here in Vic and we effectively grew organic. We had our own bee-hives to help pollinate, farm animals, chickens - all that, very idyllic.. We used only organic fertilizer, no sprays/chemicals nothing like that. But we didn't bother with organic certification as the requirements and costs were onerous for the potential gain. We could have picked up a few more dollars per kilo at the farm gate perhaps, but many wholesale buyers (moving often to greengrocer and supermarkets) wouldn't have moved on price just because we'd stuck "organic" on there. Their market was not either a) educated enough, or b) willing to pay the higher prices for organic. Thus we let the market decide.

Remembering also: "the price of organic food still ranges from three to five times that of conventional produce, and in some cases 10 times more" as per that above article i posted. Whilst i like the sound of those potential profits, we still have to move some level of volume..

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.