mal85 -prospect of inflation -well I noticed bank (ours put up...

1. 10,329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    mal85 -prospect of inflation -well I noticed bank (ours put up rates on 2yr and 3 yr loans in past week if we want to fix- i have not checked the markets thoroughly if that is a bank margin increase exercise or a market rate change)

thing is, the low rates was what drove market so high! But yes , we have a big enough correction in play that a small increases in rates are not a huge issue but the recovery in the economy will be what drives it.

I still had no comment from anyone re my post about gfc lows and me indexing it by retained earnings and getting the 4400 to 4500 level!!?

I have said re the market it is more a medical question but most medical experts are not pragmatic enough and scared by some Euro countries and the U.S.A.(we all are/were and its a tragedy) - but, there has been a taper again in most of those badly hit Euro countries- Germany is a shining light, France perhaps tapering off before it got like Italy and Spain . It seems herd immunity is too slow to kick in (and comes at huge loss of life) and Netherlands which was adopting that is having a slowdown in new cases but they may have changed strategy i think!

I guess here we will have another blowout of sorts in new cases before hopefully the final taper- the big worry from the market point of view is how long governments remain cautious for!!!??? And at any rate , I cant see the government baling out shareholders in many of these companies -what is full value of asx? About 2 trillion and if you take into account private companies and landlords you have likely 8 trillion or more (madamswer likely has numbers at fingertips) so 10% fail and it is one trillion! I had been hopeful of a three week to one month shutdown of sorts, but the worry is if it drags!! Yes, there are still good buys but I am being more cautious and have sold a few more speccie types.

You know I have been positive on the big sell off days -but I have taken some money out on stocks that have had a good announcement or a good run relatively - like CDY today and sold some MTS , MP1 - not csl yet but was toying Fri at over $300!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.