OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

cusack engaged, page-13

1. 416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187

Hello all, just touching up a few comments and getting a second opionion before I post on Stephen Mayne running for our board however I found this article when I googled Stephen Mayne and People Power. The second last paragraph is interesting. I am not here to attack Stephen Mayne, just don't consider him right for our board

Article on Stephen Mayne

DONKEY VOTE: Stephen Mayne slithers lower than before
    By VEXNEWS ⋅ November 11, 2008
    Melbourne’s most sour media tart Stephen Mayne was letting it all hang out on the ABC on its Talking Heads programme last night.

In a bizarre interview included a rather sensational disrespecting of Mayne’s elderly father and subsequent teary moments.

When Mayne recalled that back in 1999 when Mayne had quit his Sydney based gossip column job at the Financial Review, in order to mount a quixotic bid against a highly successful Premier in his then very safe seat of Burwood and then turned out not to be eligible to nominate, he choked with emotion and the tears flowed.

Mayne claims that his father - who cannot be named for legal reasons - allegedly banished him from the family home for his mistake and - Stephen claims - ordered him not to return until he had found a job.

Nasty stuff. Or tough love perhaps, depending on how old school one rolls we suppose.

Either way, VEXNEWS thought, none of our business. And, remembering it’s Stephen Mayne, assuming it’s true is probably risky business anyway.

An ugly missile to launch at his elderly old man. There had to be a reason for this tearing of shirt in public.

With Stephen, there’s always an angle.

He’s running for election. Yes, in a very low profile effort to date, Mayne is running for election to Manningham council. And the postal ballot is arriving this week, so his TV interview was perfectly timed. Or not, if you consider it probably cost him votes.

With many hundreds of thousand of dollars sunk on an equities portfolio that only a mother could love and massive trading losses in his failing Mayne Report, the council allowance of $500 per week would be very handy for his stressed family finances.

Mayne’s pledges “accountability” of the kind he’s always sought to impose on others while avoiding for himself including in his corporate governance debacle at the failed and disgraced People Power political party and his outrageous fleecing of co-founders and investors in the email newsletter Crikey.

He’s topped the draw of the ballot, and there’s never been a more deserving recipient of the donkey vote. No doubt his old man agrees.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.