MBN 0.00% 8.3¢ mirabela nickel limited

cut production, page-35

1. 3,914 Posts.
    Highly unlike the courts will approve another DOCA 2.0, given this time MBN isn't making operational lossof 30M+ USD per year like they did in 2013 and 2014 when their COP was way higher than their nickel sales price (and REAL was virtually 190-250% higher).
    Whereas this time they are breaking even (which we were all expecting due to how their cost was tracking in Q1 and Q2) and this is with record low nickel price and their debt is only 169M USD compared to 450M USD last time and they also had a funding offer of 30M USD from Wellington. So MBN is in an extremely better position than the last DOCA. IMO, this option is ruled out.

If they decide to liquate with all the information that is available, we have a good legal case to sue them or it will at least maximise the bid price with increase bidders given they are breaking even at these record low cost and the REAL is likely to go lower in 2016 for the next 2+ years due to the Brazil economy so COP will decrease further.

Otherwise this leave the only option is they will return the company back to the directors so this means they have accepted the 30M USD deal from Wellington and we continue to trade as normal with restructure to debt and possibly share structure.

Another option which I am not sure about is what happens if MBN decides that they actually don't need the funding anymore now, i.e. REAL has drop more than they have estimated and nickel price has gone to an "acceptable" operational value and their redundancy has mean they can now operate without any more additional funding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.