CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

Yes I to dropped my subscription to Huntleys as well, and would...

1. 139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2

Yes I to dropped my subscription to Huntleys as well, and would never subscribe to them or any other similar analyst service ever again.

They were strong supporters of CMR and despite the ongoing issues promoted them with good share valuations and Buy recommendations right up to August 2008, not long before they went into administration.

Clearly now their analysis of CMR was pure folly and based on no more than what the average punter knew.

I know I must take responsibility for my own decisions but when I pay for a service such as this I expect to receive analysis which is superior to that which I can do for myself, in my spare time.

Clearly they were mislead to the same degree as myself and the rest of the market and had no more idea or insight about the construction, management or back room CMR shenanigans than the rest of us. Number one being the straw that broke the camels back, the Major Construction Issues which as we now know well and truly predated August 2008.

All of the below were indicated as Buy Recommendations according to their sliding scale and share valuations:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Recommendation: Speculative Buy 27/06/2008 Share Valuation: $6.00ps
    Recommendation: Speculative Buy 24/07/2008. Share Valuation: $5.10ps
    Recommendation: Speculative Buy 01/08/2008 Share Valuation$3.65ps
    Recommendation: Speculative Buy 07/08/2008 Share Valuation$3.65ps

But then a business like theirs needs subscribers to keep the wheels turning and thats fair enough. However I for one will never again pay for information which is freely available, or rely on research which I have not done myself. One of the most important assessments being the quality and integrity of a company's board and management.

It has given real meaning to the term Do Your Own Research.

Because no one cares as much about your money or your investments than you do...

Opinion only and written without prejudice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.