CVN 0.00% 16.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

I've been in for 10 and have quite a reasonable feel for the...

1. 837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    I've been in for 10 and have quite a reasonable feel for the stock too. It wasn't long ago at all that a divestment of 10% of Dorado was sold for US$146m.. AUD$220m. Obviously CVN still owns that other 10% and that value. In addition to that they have proven resources in Pavo, ROC and Phoenix South.

That is a reasonable amount of oil, along with tasty gas to dessert with.

I can't see how management would be doing their job if they were to cut every investor short by selling for cash value and a minimal token payment for future oil? CVN also holds the rights on a large portion of the basin. They have a strong hand with proven reserves, cash and speculative upside.

They are cash flow positive and paying their way purely with the interest being received off their cash value...

Even the greenies and the loony left are starting to agree that gas is the pathway to a green future so this is an important piece of that puzzle. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above but it just doesn't make any sense to sell at less than cost for a company that holds so much potential with interest on cash making it effectively a self sustaining asset until they can realise true wealth?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $286.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $248.8K 1.553M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 405871 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 1135529 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.59am 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.