CVN 0.00% 16.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

CVN the Big Picture, page-47

1. 918 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    After learning about the Roc sth drill being added to the drilling campaign I thought I'd go back to the Oct 15 announcement and reacquaint myself with this prospect. Looks like we're in for a busy year! Here's hoping it kicks off next month with Buffalo progress leading into the drilling action in the Bedout.

Dorado follow-up potential
    15 October 2018
     Recoverable oil from the Roc South prospect is estimated at 56 million barrels (Gross Pmean)
     Roc South is near Dorado and has a high probability of success
    Roc South
    Roc South is a very similar trap to Dorado (see Figure 2), being similarly situated up-dip of the Roc
    discoveries and relying on the Dorado Canyon for sealing and setting up the prospect. The reservoir packages
    are expected to be thicker at Roc South compared to Dorado, although the smaller areal extent means the
    overall volumes are anticipated to be smaller than Dorado.
    Given the very similar seismic characteristics between Dorado and Roc South (see Figure 3), and what is
    anticipated to be an identical oil sourcing mechanism, the Roc South prospect has a relatively high chance of
    geological success.
    With the crest of Roc South being around 13 km from the crest of the Dorado structure, and the two
    structures being even closer at lower levels, drilling success at Roc South would naturally lead to this
    structure being developed along with the Dorado discovery.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.