CXL 10.6% $1.15 calix limited

CXL Calix Chart Thread, page-430

1. 2,840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 714
    This stock paid for my house upgrade as I had to sell it near the top to cover the purchase difference from my previous house.
    I would have taken some off the table-up near 8 dollars but not all at mid sevens otherwise. It turned out to be lucky timing.

Now I am happy building at these levels again and getting a second chance at the next run up.

I don't think the work they are doing is hyped. There are others that might see hype opportunities in decarbonisation. My focus is the ability of the Calix Calciner design to perform very common and high value industrial treatment processes at a significantly lower energy cost producing a more reactive, higher quality and more consistent output material.

Even if the target industries were not trying to reduce their carbion output by millions of tonnes, they would still be attracted to a better product at a lower cost of transformation due to the flexibility of using low cost (renewable) energy. The carbon price will simply accelerate the adoption in my opinion.

Look at PLS and their reasons for using Calix as an example.
    They can treat fines that would otherwise be waste, They can use any energy source - Pilbara has a lot of sun, wind and with storage the savings are material. The output of the process is enriched and cheaper to ship with a higher price FOB. Also likely a more consistent product form and performance. None of that relies on carbon pricing.

Add to that they have a profitable water business growing in the US with improved margins to keeping topping up the coffers. They have a capital light model where others (Industry and Government) pay to build the increasingly big processing modular designs. They have a subsidiary in Europe that has a deep-pocketed junior shareholder.

IMO this has been been knocked down to bargain prices for those who know what opportunity we have. The brokers listed above seem to see Alpha.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.