CXL 1.96% $1.25 calix limited

I first bought at $0.70 and then bought at $0.80, $2.00, $2.53,...

1. 147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    I first bought at $0.70 and then bought at $0.80, $2.00, $2.53, $2.47, $2.53, $2.63, $5.27 and then two lots today at $5.27. This is quite unusual buying pattern for me, but indicates that it may still have more legs in it in the medium term.

This is only a theory, but CXL is a non-sexy stock that is actually quite hard to understand from a lay investor's perspective. The calciner is a simple device and my early mindset was this was too good to be true which kept me from taking a max position. However, over time I have grown to appreciate (a) the potential of the technology, and (b) the team's ability to execute which has given me the confidence to keep topping up. The things I like:
    (a) the tech is simple, but they continue to invest and do R&D on their core technology - too many companies I see just stop iterating
    (b) their humbleness - too many companies think they can do it all - enter new products/markets without any outside help. Their ability to partner I believe is a skillset that is undervalued. The opposite example I'll give is PNV which similarly has a great platform technology but for some reason feels it can enter new markets without help from those in it (hernia) or have been unable to work with external partners for some reason (breast). Presentations I have seen from Phil is that he just commands (and gives) respect to those around him.
    (c) the broad application of its tech, which is just untapped. Now, I'm no scientist so they may have already considered this and discounted it for some reason - but an example would be for CXL to get into supplements. Apparently magnesium supplements are usually magnesium citrate with citric acid used to aid the bio-absorption when ingested. If the bioabsorption of CXL's MgO is higher, this may present benefits associated with cost, safety and more importantly marketability (lower Mg dosage for same impact). If I were them, I'd enter into an exclusive collaboration with either Blackmores or Swisse to do research and trials in this area.

Now if there are a bunch of new investors joining in recent weeks because of the publicity, they might also be similarly trepidatious - but as their confidence grows they will become more confident in holding a larger position. Thus, absent a broader market meltdown, serious missteps by CXL or a competing breakthrough technology (for example another way to calcinate that is competitive or better), I feel the last announcement has put a floor in the stock at probably around $4.00 worse case scenario.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
-0.025(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $226.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.29 $1.25 $855.8K 680.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 24541 $1.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.26 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.25
  Change
-0.025 ( 1.98 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.26 $1.28 $1.25 66389
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
CXL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.