CXO 2.22% 8.8¢ core lithium ltd

CXO prospects, page-100

1. 2,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3765
    Lets also bear in mind the significant legislative tightening against overseas-based take-overs of Australian companies in the initial COVID chaos when the market tanked earlier in the year. Which I think frankly was a very smart idea as mining looks to yet again be the potential saviour to an economy which in many other sectors is flatlining or stagnating.

The government were quite aware of what happened in 2008 when the sub-prime mortgage crash took all of Wall Street with it and the Chinese swallowed up massive companies and likely profitable companies at bargain-basement prices because of the irrationality of market panic and people just trying to get their money out in the chaos of the collapse.

To get approval for a takeover right now requires very significant and lengthy hoop-jumping to prove it is in the genuine interests of the country and the Shareholders and a lot of scrutiny is involved compared to the past. This is especially so for mining companies and those which produce minerals which are higher up on the strategic minerals list released by the Feds, such as lithium. So I would say, the likelihood at least in the immediate future of that happening is very unlikely and the BOD would almost definitely be facing a determined defence from shareholders to prevent it not to mention a certain legal challenge if something like that were to occur.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
-0.002(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $192.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.0¢ 9.1¢ 8.7¢ $535.7K 5.978M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 898964 8.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.8¢ 41011 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.