4DS 6.10% 8.7¢ 4ds memory limited

Mate I have clearly stated we don’t know what our retention is....

1. 734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 614
    Mate I have clearly stated we don’t know what our retention is.

Not knowing exact retention metrics doesn’t mean it is zero at DRAM speeds or so close to zero that it is like DRAM. Saying it is or isn’t is just making up stuff.

Like you, I can’t show you any announcements showing retention at DRAM speeds. The difference is I’m not going to make up a figure or make that negative assumption with no basis.

I have taken exception to your post because it is completely made up and deserves to be challenged. I work on the basis of most probable based on the company announcements and actions of IMEC.

The company has said we HAVE retention and IMEC have seen enough in the retention metrics to pour resources into getting this to market asap. To be clear, the one thing that sets us apart from DRAM is the retention metrics . The whole point in doing this was to make a non-volatile memory that can fill the gap between flash and DRAM. Now the company have said we have been successful…… more successful than they expected. So on this basis, and not knowing the exact retention metrics, what are the chances your assumption is correct ??? It seems the company don’t agree with you , and IMEC are happy to push ahead quickly to get this commercialized, so I don’t think they agree with you either.

One of the reasons they are scaling down to 20 nm is to capture other markets like mobile devices where ‘real estate’ is limited on the chip and they need memory that is fast and has retention. The results from PL4 have opened the door to other markets it seems ……we wouldn’t need 20 nm necessarily for data center SCM . We are doing this because we have been advised we have a market for what we have at a smaller geometry . This should give you a hint about our retention metrics at high speed.

Please back up your assumption from the second sentence above with facts from the company statements. Tell me why IMEC are laying out the red carpet for 4DS if they see no value in the tech. Please don’t just tell me they are just trying to suck money out of 4DS.

Merry Christmas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
0.005(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $153.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 8.2¢ $141.9K 1.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5230 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 117640 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.5¢ 8.2¢ 619854
Last updated 15.20pm 03/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.