CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

I don't know if this is the same technology as Cougar but same...

1. 275 Posts.
    I don't know if this is the same technology as Cougar but same outcome. Callide is setting an example and others will follow.

Central Qld leading clean coal technology development: QRC
    Posted Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01am AEST
    Updated Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:00am AEST

Map: Biloela 4715
    The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) says it expects central Queensland to continue to be at the centre of clean coal technology developments.

Yesterday, Premier Anna Bligh announced the Callide power station near Biloela will be upgraded to become an oxyfuel-fired station.

Ms Bligh says the project will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by using oxygen rather than air for coal combustion.

The chief executive of the QRC, Michael Roche, says it is a world class project.

"Central Queensland is really positioned to be the centre of clean coal technology development not just in terms of the new technology at the power station, but also nearby we would hope that we would be able to find safe storage sites for CO2," he said.

Mr Roche says he expects the Callide announcement is the start of a lot more clean coal investment to come.

"Australia is one of the more minor emitters in the global scene, but where we can make a real difference to the global challenge on greenhouse gas emissions is exporting technology to the rest of the world and this is a very good start in that endeavour," he said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.