RVR 0.00% 7.3¢ red river resources limited

CY21Q1 Results and the year that'll make RVR, page-30

1. 8,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 912
    All good, though I wasn't sure whether you're having a dig at me.

In my view, when one applies for a bank loan the bank look at your recent history as well as your current situation to ascertain the level of risk that you may present in repaying the loan. Based on your work history, stability of income and level of security you may present or are required to present comes into play.

Listed companies are somewhat different - if a company ever slightly underperforms but nevertheless makes a nice profit, it gets punished. On the other hand, if a company makes a loss then often SP heads north - why - simply due to the same market, where whilst a loss was expected it wasn't as bad as initially thought. A little too fuzzy a logic for me - as that kind of logic goes against what I thought was rational thinking.

I also love the financial disclaimer - past performance should not be relied on for future performance. That to me is a doozy and a two edged sword.

If two back to back quarters are bad then regardless of how the next Q is shaping up, the previous two Q's results weigh heavily on the SP and keep a noose around the company's neck.

Ironically, if 2 excellent Q results are followed up by a horrible one, then generally, forward lookers assume that the following Q may be as bad or possibly worse. so SP dives.

Markets are very touchy, particularly when so many are chasing a quick buck and switch at the slightest perceived or otherwise negativity or perhaps due to some seeing a sudden opportunity elsewhere. This happens despite whether the company has good prospects.

However, even if individual holders sell out, it rarely makes a dent in SP movement unless you are in the top 20 holder category.

As you say there are lots of opportunities in the marketplace and loyalty to a company is not necessary or required to make some money - not forgetting of course that the companies we invest in have no loyalty to us retail holders whatsoever either and neither do significant holders.

RVR is still a young company and management appear to take steps to ensure not only company survival (by just keeping their jobs and salaries), but also to prosper for the benefit of all stakeholders. Keep holding to realize some of that benefit down the track and can only hope not to be disappointed. Best to you and all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RVR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.