CY5 5.00% 6.3¢ cygnus metals limited

CY5 General Discussion, page-336

1. 4,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2632
    Thanks malibu - you are a gun researcher, kudos to you. From what I can see there are a lot of carpet baggers trying to get a seat at the Quebec table, accountants, lawyers, investment bankers etc.

Just on Cygnus, while they did have (still do I think) assets in WA and did not start off with anyone with lithium pedigree the fact that they got David Southam on board showed that they were fair dinkum, and also bringing in Mark Calderwood and Gareth Reynolds. DS probably did well to get off Mincor when he did but he deserves a feather in his cap for what he did there so he was a good catch by Cygnus. Now he needs to carve off some of the hanger-oners and hone in on the project best placed to win (I just looked at their home page again and the photo of the outcropping at Pontax sure looks impressive!).

Just on David Crook, it is true he was MD at what is now Essential Metals and during his watch they ran a small caesium mine - one of the few in the world I think - and the caesium and the lithium live together. Back at the end of 2021 the Chair of what is now ESS cleared the decks: David Crook was gone, they sold a project in Ontario, Mavis Lake?, to Critical Elements (who does have a lithium guy as boss, David Cheesman (?) ex of Core Lithium), and stopped their focus on WA gold and pivoted towards their Pioneer Dome spodumene. So perhaps David Crook wanted to take ESS into lithium if he'd stayed but I don't think he ever did get into lithium while at ESS (developing a caesium mine is still pretty cool though).

I started off looking to pick up a next generation Quebec play, in addition to Cygnus, but in the end decided on a risk reward basis Winsome currently daks most of them. Sure its market cap is already ten times what most of the tiddlers are but just at the moment the tiddlers look to be all risk and no return (famous last words). To be honest the main reason I am still hanging in there with Cygnus is David Southam as I reckon he is not there for the lifestyle. Anyway, I better shut up as I promised to stay clear of the Cygnus threads for a while and give the regulars a break. Thanks for all your work, malibu, you are a real contributor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CY5 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.3¢
Change
0.003(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.3¢ 6.0¢ $106.0K 1.737M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 182421 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 199576 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CY5 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.