PLS 3.48% $3.27 pilbara minerals limited

Cyclone Heading for Pilbara, page-7

1. 275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I'm not trying to downramp, I love PLS, its been very good to me, but 150 km is not very far!

I hope it is not as destructive as the BOM is warning.

VERY DESTRUCTIVE winds with gusts to 180 kilometres per hour are possible near the centre of the system if it develops into a severe tropical cyclone on Friday.

Tides will be higher than expected between Cape Leveque and Pardoo Roadhouse.

Heavy rainfall is expected over the northwest and west Kimberley coast, extending to the far eastern Pilbara during Thursday. Widespread daily rainfall totals of around 50 to 150 mm are expected with isolated heavier falls of 150-300 mm possible. Flood Watches and Warnings are current. Please refer to http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/warnings/ for further details.

Typically the greatest impact of most cyclones inland is flooding from heavy rainfall. This can cause damage to buildings and fences near watercourses in addition to road and rail networks. The added cost of transport delays can cause significant economic costs particularly to the mining industry. Some of the more remote communities may be isolated for extended periods before water levels fall and roads and bridges repaired. While most towns and communities are located away from flood-susceptible areas, some such as Nullagine often experience flooding in the town.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.