IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

Cyclone, page-18

1. 489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    It was claimed recently by an Engineers Australia presentation that there will be a short rise in fossil fuel use over the next 5 to 10 years required in order to setup a long term reliable renewable power base. This theory supports the continuance of fossil fuel burners for the next decade, but not the construction of them as such.

The grid needs to be re-worked into a mesh of 'mini-grids' which can disconnect and isolate at their borders should a fault occur in neighbouring grids (high voltage, under voltage, frequency instability, etc.). If the mini-grid has sufficient self-generation (solar, wind, diesel, battery) then it can stay online, if not, it will shut down or be forced to shut down to enable neighbouring grids to remain online (assuming there are no neighbouring grids that can support it entirely). This would turn the electricity delivery infrastructure into a model very similar to the internet (where data is generated and consumed throughout).

I don't see a big legal threat for IFN, as I have seen no evidence that they caused or significantly contributed to the outage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.