Now Mogga, how dare you blow the climate crazies' narrative that...

1. 7,699 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Now Mogga, how dare you blow the climate crazies' narrative that this is a rare event.
    Besides the 40+ you've listed I guess it is rare.
    Now not that long ago, when I still lived in Cairns this weekend would have been spent arranging cyclone parties, but now with the CC zealots and influx of southern knobs and the use of language like calling it a "zombie cyclone" has them all cowering and contemplating death!
    Geez I remember going on cyclone watch and the residents would say "yeah watever". Then once on a cyclone warning some would say "oh we might get some wind and rain, but yeah whatever".
    Then when it was 12 hours away and still tracking inbound then the shelves would get cleaned out and the big ques at the petrol stations, but the parties were still being arranged!!!
    People were always mindful and made preparations but the hyperbolic narratives and apocalyptic scenarios being espoused nowadays is shameful.
    For reference people should look at a site called the Joint typhoon warning centre (JTWC). Those guys are highly accurate in their track forecasts and give great detailed ( science based) forecasts for individual tropical storms around the world.
    They now have this system (Jasper) as at saturday afternoon) crossing the coast more towards cooktown now.
    I have used this site for years and have never known them to be inaccurate with their track forecasts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.