CY5 0.00% 6.8¢ cygnus metals limited

Cygnus the front runner in the Malibu Cup, page-71

1. 4,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2747
    Go north, young man! When James Bay is just too crowded and tropical for the adventuresome among you why not have a crack at Nunavik. Apparently that is the name of the region covering the most northerly third of Quebec. If you've not heard of Shawn Ryan - who, from a quick google might be Canada's version of Mark Creasy - then how about Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson? According to the blurb I've been reading all of them reckon there might be massive amounts of spodumene to the north of the James Bay region, in the Nunavik region. (small print: the claim is Gates, Bezos and Branson are somehow associated with Kobold Metals, a prospector that relies on AI and which has land holdings in Nunavik. My starting position that that is likely one part truth but three parts fiction).

I stumbled across an interview and then the company website of Eureka Lithium. Their home page has a promo video which gives a bit of an overview of their pitch. Eureka is a neigbour to Kobold in Nunavik.

https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=MGz8hv5uxSQ (remove the space after "you")

https://eurekalithiumcorp.com/

https://www.koboldmetals.com/

Depending on whether any ASX carpetbaggers want to venture that far north I might have to introduce a "far north" category in the Malibu Cup. There are already a few of the Cup runners with land holdings well north of Corvette. They might be a better fit as operating in the far north / Nunavik region.

Just getting back to Cygnus: I watched the presentation by Tricky Dave Southam in Melbourne on 26 July. Hmmm, a kiwi (!?!) based in the most isolated city in the world putting shit on Victoria to a gathering of Victorian investors. Seems old mate Dave is not only tricky but a "but" of an arse-hole to boot (and I mean that in both ways).

I thought one piece of smart-alecry was Tricky not seeming to mention at any point to potential investors in the audience that at the time of the presentation Cygnus held only a minority stake in the Pontax project (and even now only holds 51% of the project). Another was bragging about how quickly and with such little drilling Cygnus will get out a maiden MRE for Pontax when I think it is fair to say that for a company that claims to have entered Quebec about the same time as Winsome Cygnus has been a relatively lazy prospector.

When I first started paying attention to Cygnus Gold Michael Naylor was MD and he made a big thing about how the insiders at Cygnus with connections to Bellevue Gold intended to use the same formula for success at Cygnus as was used with Bellevue, and that was to drill, dill and drill. Turns out for all that talk they've only actually done a smidgeon over 11k metres of drilling at Pontax, which is a fraction of what others in the James Bay region have been doing to get a critical mass of lithium resources. I am sure it is totally co-incidental that under DS Cygnus has only done enough drilling as to likely deliver a MRE sufficient to trigger his performance rights.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CY5 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.5¢ 6.8¢ 6.5¢ $22.42K 332.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 21987 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 68840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CY5 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.