CY5 0.00% 6.8¢ cygnus metals limited

Hi NohowonFor the time being I might keep the actual finish line...

1. 4,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2747
    Hi Nohowon

For the time being I might keep the actual finish line for the Malibu Cup at A$100m market cap but I agree with your idea of monitoring share price gains as well. I'm using a compound annual growth rate calculation for that which should mean we can compare gains over differing time frames. I did not show the calculated numbers in the last table I posted here as from memory the period of time was too short: from 19 May to 9 June. But I intend to start including that column in future. If anyone has a better metric do let me know.

Benz Mining and Rio Tinto have been scratched from the Cup given they are already legitimate mining companies in other sectors.

I agree with you that Rio's first move into Quebec lithium would be no more than a horse's hoof for them (or hors d'oeuvre as they say in Quebec) and they are likely to go after something far bigger then just some early stage exploration blocks. I couldn't work out what caused Winsome's share price to kick like it did today but it could well be that Winsome felt the hot putrid breath of Rio down its neck.

Cygnus very much the wall flower today. If David Southam really is serious about going on with Pontax I wonder if he is giving any thought to consolidating the whole Pontax area. Patriot Battery has a property next to the Stria / Cygnus property and I am sure they will be too busy in the next few years to bother much with it so maybe they be a chance. Medaro Mining only bought into the area in May. I still suspect that a resource of not much more than 10mt at around 1% lithium will not be of critical mass - remembering how wrong I was about Cygnus persisting at Pontax - for an operation in that part of Quebec so maybe Cygnus needs to do a bunch more drilling on what they have already or look to grow their footprint at Pontax.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5357/5357755-4c0e54861d13f4ab8a038f49ec0c33b5.jpg
    https://medaromining.com/medaro-mining-enters-into-agreement-to-acquire-james-bay-pontax-lithium-project/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CY5 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.5¢ 6.8¢ 6.5¢ $22.42K 332.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 21987 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 68840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CY5 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.