CYP 4.26% 22.5¢ cynata therapeutics limited

CYP 2021 - The year ahead

1. 452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    CYP 2021
    Thought it was time to get this thread back back on track with what now promises to be a better year than the last.
    I personally have all the MSB interlopers on ''ignore'' and wish them well with their choices.
    My focus as a long term CYP holder is what we have ahead of us and have no intention to down play the role MSB has played in stem cell development. They have been a true trailblazer but in being so have also made a lot of the mistakes associated with leading the way.

I won't cover Covid 19 as we are all aware of the impact it has had on life in 2020 and is likely to have in the years ahead but we will get better at living with it and life will go on.
    In a way Cynata dodged a bullet imho with Sydneys lack of Covid cases after the initial lockdown. I feel it has always been our intention to use the Covid trial to expand to a broader ARDS trial with pre clinical success in this indication. This will still play out i believe.
    I have been critical of management as others here for a lack of a clear and transparent business plan that is measurable.
    Instead they have meandered on a pathway in which they have claimed good progress.
    Progress has been slow, but in saying that we have been thorough in the way we have set up and executed our trials which has limited "slip ups" to this point. A thorough approach by management has held us in good stead.
    But the business model of partnering to progress (beyond Fujifilm) has left a lot to be desired. it might be as management has claimed that the deals havent been good enough.
    Bring in Geoff Brooke and Darryl Maher.
    A new Chair and Director and a new strategic direction to raise a significant sum ($10m of which has been taken by Healthcare investors Bioscience Managers) to now progress other indications. Geoff Brooke not only is Chairman of CYP but also a partner in BioScience Managers. No mean feat to get your peers to put $10m of your Funds money into something you are Chair of. No doubt they have done their due diligence (12 months of it from word around the traps). Dr Daryl Maher is ex CSL and will be an important addition to the board.
    This is the way forward. As CEO Ross MacDonald has always maintained you have to get results but with the lack of securing partners (their business strategy) results have been very limited.
    2021 brings the start of our fully funded Osteo Arthritis trial with Sydney Uni. Lead by Professor David Hunter a world leader in the field. Prof. Hunter actually chose CYPs iPSCs for their consistency and scalability. Let me repeat Prof. Hunter is a world expert in the field of OA and this is a Phase 3 trial. The biggest of its kind so far in the world and keeping in mind no one has put their foot on this indication it is currently 100% ours and the trial fully funded.
    With the monies recently raised (assuming the spp gets close to $5m as sought) CYP will have Circa $25-$30m in cash.
    This now gives us a significant runway to conduct our own finded trials and progress.
    Criticism has been cast at management for previous capital raisings but this raise at 70c to advance new trials and to put in a new cornerstone investor has been well received. It does send a very clear message that we will progress our own trials if the right partners are not coming on board. And we will be progressing our own trials.
    It says to me ''we can go it alone'' if need be and these funds have been clearly earmarked to do exactly that.
    This puts Fuji and other potential suitors on notice.
    They will need to step up if they want to play ball.  With Fujifilm spending $2 billion plus on stem cell manufacturing plants they will want the manufacturing process at some point. Cymerus !
    For all new investors to CYP and these boards i would highly recommend reading the past posts of @pfeifer1982 to get the best research going around.  
    The stem cell space has been dominated by MSB to date but with a recent knock back by the FDA due mainly to concerns over cell consistency (the key to a pharmaceutical product) the game has progressed. CYP not only has a consistent product but one that is scalable. This is Gen 2 and the big players are well aware of this.
    This year imho will be the making of CYP and the year that stem cell based therapeutic products make a huge leap.
    Fujifilm have their ears pinned back and want to be the world leader in stem cell therapeutics make no mistake.
    CYP has a consistent and scalable iPSC product that will be in great demand and is on the right path to progress and execute on its plan.
    2021 will big a big year for us!
    Hopefully we will see @pfeifer1982 back on the boards and we can get this conversation back on track to talk about prospective upside as well as progress.

This post is by no means an attenpt to scratch the surface of what information is available and that has been covered by many great posters here over time (@pfeifer1982, @Sector, @elvisj) to name but a few. I do encourage any new to the stock to do your own research and read through past posts offering the genuine research (not the banter) as you might just have found yourself looking at the next generation of therapeutics.
    For those who have been long term holders lets keep the research going and wish all well for the year ahead.

I hope this can recommence the fruitful discussion as i sense the tide is turning.

A couple of recent links worth reading:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...-Managers-to-Expand-Development-Pipeline.html

https://www.cynata.com/osteoarthritis

GLTAH
    ''Change happens slowly until it doesn't''

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
-0.010(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $40.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 23.5¢ 22.5¢ $11.57K 49.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 100000 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 7426 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
23.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 23.5¢ 23.0¢ 10710
Last updated 15.01pm 10/05/2024 ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.