URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

czech, page-2

1. SP3
    18,710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306
    jasper_8

I believe Uran has a very good chance of participating in the Rozna mine. Like the article suggested, the Minister has totally neglected the environmental effects of further mining, nor has he considered that an EIS will need to be carried out before any further mining takes place beyond 2008.

Kate Hobbs spent all of last week in Czech Republic talking to the government regarding Rozna, and you would think that she would have highlighted the environmental concerns and how to best deal with them. I doubt whether the Czechs have the expertise and the resources to manage environmental management issues...however, Uran can assist in this area. See below profile of Wolf Martinick, a nearly appointed director for Uran.

I anticipate that further stories will emerge regarding Rozna...and who knows, there is always a chance that the parliament may reject the Minister's recommendation to continue with mining beyond 2008 unless DIAMO undertakes an EIS.

Given that Uran is continuing to be the only other party interested in Rozna at this stage, and given the urgency in extending the mining life, Uran stands a good chance imo to participate.

The government expects to make this decision within the next 8 weeks.

Dr Wolf Martinick is a environmental scientist with extensive experience in uranium mining, including responsibility for environmental management for Ranger and Nabarlek mines, and the rehabilitation of Rum Jungle and Mary Kathleen uranium mines. He was responsible for preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement for Olympic Dam mine, and was involved in environmental management of the Kintyre, Lake Way, and Koongarra uranium projects. Dr Martinick is Chairman of Weatherly International Limited, an AIM-listed company with large copper mining and smelting interests in Namibia and Zambia. He was a founding Director of Basin Minerals Limited, and is a Director of Sun Resources NL, an oil and gas exploration company listed on the ASX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.