CZR 5.77% 27.5¢ czr resources ltd

Numbers wise I'm calculating between 16-17 million shares traded...

1. 3,901 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360
    Numbers wise I'm calculating between 16-17 million shares traded since the bid (there was a little bit of difference between yahoo and the asx charts on this- I sort of wonder if they include chi-x data so challenge this number if you feel it's incorrect). This is out of a total of 236 million shares on issue for CZR.  

Again, and if my numbers are correct, this means 6% of the CZR shares on issue have been traded since the bid. Several implications I suppose. Just while I'm at it some of the assumptions in my last post were off the mark. (I did say they were assumptions though)

Consider the following from
    Shareholding thresholds - The Allens handbook on takeovers in Australia

A person who obtains voting power in 5% or more of an ASX-listed company is required to publicly disclose that fact within 2 business days via the filing of a substantial holding notice. A person’s voting power consists of their own ‘relevant interest’ in shares plus the relevant interests of their associates. A further notice needs to be filed within 2 business days after each subsequent voting power change of 1 percentage point or more, and after the person ceases to have voting power of 5% or more.
    The notice must attach all documents which contributed to the voting power the person obtained or provide a written description of arrangements which are not in writing.

So in short
    1. Basically you have 2 days to declare a newly acquired 5% holding, and anyone holding 5% or more has 2 days to report a further subsequent 1% addition to that 5%

Next round of assumptions- Well I have quite a few here. 1. FMG hold 10% of CZR? - that's what I read, or I thought I'd read, but perhaps only heard here on this forum of infinite truth - hotcopper. Anyway, having a look, I can't see where I garnered that little factoid- CZR don't show top shareholders on their reports or pressos really.... Anyway, let's consider my assumption to be correct- FMG @10% of CZR. Now that means if they are on the task but trying to keep a low profile, they would acquire perhaps another 0.9% of CZR shares so as not to have to declare anything above 1% addition.

Because if FMG ...hold slightly more than 10%...

They will then have the ability to block compulsory acquisition.
    because...
    "A person who has a greater than 10% shareholding interest in an ASX-listed company will be able to prevent a majority shareholder from moving to 100% ownership through compulsory acquisition, because the compulsory acquisition threshold is set at 90%."

Got this next bit from the financial review.
    "Mr Creasy’s private company, Yandal Investments, classified ASX-listed CZR as a subsidiary for accounting purposes in its 2022-23 accounts even though its shareholding stood at 44 per cent. Yandal said its related parties held a further 8.76 per cent of CZR stock."

Can I infer here that Creasy has 52% of Robe Messa under his control via Yandal investments and related parties. Add to this his 15% personal holding of Robe Messa. He basically controls 67% of Robe Messa.   

So, while only 6 % of the shares in CZR have been traded since the deal announced perhaps Rio are waiting at just under the 5% holding and FMG are pitched with their 10.9% and they are talking to Creasy now because he ultimately controls the outcome here. They aren't going to start advertising the fact that they are acquiring on market, it's not a good strategy when Creasy holds the cards they want.

The volumes would fit with this, i.e first four days after the bid is when the majority of the 6% changed hands. Volume in the last four days has dropped right off.  

Other possibilities include Rio haven't started aquiring and 5 % went to a fund.

Or is it possible Miracle are buying on market? I suspect this is not allowed but will go back to my Allens handbook.

Really, I'm just trying to work this out myself here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
0.015(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $63.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 27.5¢ 26.5¢ $38.75K 142.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 29262 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 32830 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
27.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 5.77 %)
Open High Low Volume
26.8¢ 27.5¢ 26.8¢ 43907
Last updated 13.56pm 30/04/2024 ?
CZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.