AAU 0.00% 0.3¢ antilles gold limited

For longer term shareholders, one of the most potentially...

1. 5,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3945
    For longer term shareholders, one of the most potentially significant drivers for PanTerra will be who they merge with.

Could it possibly be another company in the Dominican Republic, or one from Panama or Guyana or Brazil?

There are a lot of M&A discussions going on over the next 3 months between gold companies listed on the ASX and TSX who have projects in Central and South America. It's that time of the year.

PanTerra got close last year, having spoken with GoldQuest informally for some 6 months, and was about to enter formal discussions when (unfortunately for PanTerra shareholders) GoldQuest made their massive strike. If this strike had occurred some 3 to 6 months later, after the merger announcement, then PanTerra shareholders would have enjoyed the GoldQuest share price rise from 5 cents to $2 dollars. Bummer eh, as Maxwell Smart would have said, "missed it by that much".

I think 2013 will see the announcement of a merger. Will it be with a pure explorer, or with a self funded producer? I would like to see the merger with another producer, or at least, with a company who is also currently generating some cash, especially given the state of these global markets for small cap gold companies.

I currently like 2 companies in the Dominican Republic, 1 in Panama, and 1 in Brazil as potential "friendly" merger partners. Personally, I prefer the Panama and Brazil companies because they are making profits.

I believe BJ stepped aside from previous roles so he could partly concentrate on this side of the business. 2013 is shaping up to be very interesting for PanTerra and it's shareholders.

Gw

I can calculate the motions of the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
    (Sir Isaac Newton)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.