SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

D4E ratio, page-337

1. 482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Your comment that Everyone knows that book value does not equal book value says it all really - if you don't think that book value equals book value I wonder what you do think book value equals.

Your comment ,quote/>History cannot predict the future and book value is history . Book value is not history it is current. If you don't understand that then I wonder what you think book value actually is. See your comment above about everyone knowing that book value doesn't equal book value. You're clearly a very confused person.

If you now acknowledge that dilution will occur and the share price is currently 12c (unless you are going to suggest that everyone knows 12c doesn't equal 12c which ridiculous as it sounds is exactly what you suggested for book value so I need to stipulate for you that 12c is 12c, so lets say we agree for the moment that 12c does in fact equal 12c) and let's say for arguments sake that the dilution will conservatively be at least 80%, or something in that order, making the SP approx 2.4c.

Care to elaborate on how you figure that will be $8 in three years time?

I'm watching this stock to learn and I'm interested to know how, if I follow your advice and buy, my 2.4c post dilution will be worth $8 in three short years. What figures and information are you alone privvy to which the market at large is not? What formula did you use to arrive at this number, this share price, three years from now? Surely not the fact that it was once $8 because that is history and according to you History cannot predict the future and book value is history .

The reason book value, or tangible net assets, is so important is because it is not only a solid tangible fact and base point from which calculations can be made, it is also current - neither historical nor projected into the future by confused individuals.

Also, BTW, it is generally a good idea to mind the book value when deciding whether to invest or not. If the SP is trading at an excessive premium to book value then the prospects of profitability for a long term investor are severely diminished while the prospects of capital loss are severely increased.

This stock in it's current state appears to be very much over priced to me, but I'm here to learn, and you are here to protect your own investment by trying to convince others to hold or buy so feel free to present your argument why buying now is a good investment. I'm all ears. I'm an investor and I'm in the market and you have upramped this thing incessantly while it drifted ever lower, so put something tangible on the table to back your argument. How would a person's 12c return $8 in 3 short years? Or do you have an ulterior motive and just make stuff up to suit your agenda? It's a real question. Presumably you arrived at that mind boggling incredible profit margin somehow before posting it online as reassurance to your fellow travelers in the 'we are going to be sooooo rich' collective to stay the course with you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.