SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

D4E ratio, page-363

1. 482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Before you dismiss htran as a rookie for selling his holding didn't you yourself sell 100K at the absolute bottom (6.5c) and then another 155K at 10c and 13c?

For substantation please see the link:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/i-am-back-so-is-sgh.3304725/?get_post=true#.WNDAgW996Uk

I'm not bringing that up to knock you for selling when you did, far from it, but the behaviour of some of you who hold towards anyone who dares to move their capital out of SGH to somewhere it will produce income and dismiss them as being foolish and cowardly etc for doing so is poor to say the least.

If those of you who hold and are so openly hostile to anyone who expresses an opinion which is negative to this as an investment had the courage of your own convictions I wonder why you are so thin skinned about other people's views on the merit of holding equity in SGH. Also, this business that so many of of the angry holders do where you make big claims and quote spurious data and then place on ignore anyone who questions it just makes it look like you've been caught out and trying to cover your tracks by placing them on ignore. i.e. it's a cop out.

I realise that will happen to me now, as if I care, and the blind faithful will once again avoid looking in the mirror in case they don't agree with what they see. It's a bit weak but whatever. Before you do though so that I know you have read it and at the risk of making this an extremely long post.

I'm and FA investor looking for value and what I look for is a sustainable competitive advantage at a good price - basically. If I find something which appears to offer that I look to the company's profits and by that I don't mean the EBITDA BS - those costs are real and can't be sidelined as though they don't exist. Much the way the rainbows and lollipop brigade try and separate turnover from debt, both corporate and trade. I made an error in 2015 when I assumed that the financials SGH presented to market were true and accurate - only for that to be proven not to be so. My mistake in thinking they had a handle on this when they clearly didn't, plus I won't put money into something when there is an apparent lack of transparency. Why would you? So I was out at a loss. I'm not bitter or angry about it, I cut my losses as soon as I realised we were being sold a castle built on sand.
    So now I watch and learn - here is what I've noted - they have squandered any prospect of a competitive advantage, that is long gone. They have dragged the company through the mud and trashed it's reputation - trade creditors, including barristers, as well as prospective clients other than those with no choice would surely proceed with extreme caution if at all. And the level of debt which they have incurred on their spending spree means they are incapable of making a profit unless they go deep down the rabbit hole with the vulture funds who they now find sitting across the table from them.

No profit or ability to make a profit without destroying equity at the very minimum is hardly a case for the affirmative. In this case there isn't one so I don't care what the SP does, if it isn't making a profit and there is no tangible evidence as to how it will make one, I fail to see what my 11.8c per share is buying and how it will give me a profitable return on my investment. Clearly it won't.

I profess no expertise in your area (TA), but I also note that this SP is doing exactly what Mirren's TA suggested it would and her analysis that it is being kept in this range for a very deliberate purpose seems bang on the money to me. Whatever that purpose is I doubt it is for the benefit of retail investors. You profess an inclination to TA and have done so from the time you were technicalssayitall through your current incarnation as krispytech telling all and sundry this stock was a rocket about to launch - it hasn't though has it. I say that with no intended criticism. The market as a whole has overbought this stock all the way down thinking it was about to take off and now here we are - a zombie company at the beck and call of vulture funds with a SP trading at close to 1% of it's previous value being kept in the 9c-12c range for reasons we can only guess at. You should try listening to Mirren and engaging with her about TA rather than dismissing her helpful suggestions out of hand in a manner which is quite frankly churlish and petulant. It's just a suggestion. We are all learning and like everyone else you stand to improve your craft if you try being open minded to ideas outside your own established bias.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.