Dad is in hospital, page-24

1. 1,709 Posts.
    Quick up date.... still do not know what is wrong with dad.
    The waiting for my brother to text me was a pain as he said they still do not know.
    Yesterday I got a text....he said they still are doing tests but maybe home on the weekend, he will need a carer or maybe respite.
    I have called the hospital now 3 times.... 2 of the times he was ok but asleep.
    Last night I could not stand it any longer and rang again, the most lovely nurse told me he was a cheeky man and was telling lots of jokes.
    She asked if I would like to talk to him.... of course I did.

Dad was in great spirits and was more concerned about me, but I managed to get him on the subject of himself.
    We had a great talk, I could not believe how coherent he was.....as my brother always says he doesn't know what  he is talking about most of the time.
    Dad knew where he was..who I was and said not to worry about him as he is old...... he did tell me he is in no pain.. that was my main concern....we had lots of laughs.

Thanks again every one and plough..... I found a Flintstones  dvd and when dad comes home I will make sure bro get a dvd player for him.... what a great idea.... thanks also.xx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.