UML 0.00% 3.3¢ unity mining limited

It would appear that the board knocked back the pure debt...

1. afd
    2,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 648
    It would appear that the board knocked back the pure debt option. Not surprising as when a company like this goes into hock, even a short-term, relatively minor setback can send a company to the wall.

As I said before, the Bendigo assets won't realise much (or anything) in the way of free cash.

(Remember, UML got Henty - a working mine with all it's plant and machinery - for the princely sum of $5m plus $3m in shares plus royalties. People might point to the failed Catalyst buyout of Bendigo but the fact is it failed).

So the two options are a JV or a capital raising.

Re capital raisings, Andy's appearance at the upcoming Singapore and HK beauty pageants, suggest that the JV is being considered.

Personally, I'd prefer a JV and as along as UML retained 51% or more of the project, it would still be in a position to defend itself against opportunistic takeover bids.

I realise that a lot of people would disagree with me on this matter but given the numerous missed planning deadlines and the diminishing cash balance of the company, I don't see an independent build as being an option.

That might sound a bit pessimistic BM but I don't mean it to be. I reckon this company could kick some major goals and unlike others here, I'm still excited by Goldstone's prospects.

I'll shut-up now and rejoin the conversation when the company makes a meaningful announcement.

Good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.