PTX 7.14% 3.9¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Daily happenings?., page-489

1. 3,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3205
    Afternoon all,

Hopefully we get some positive news in the coming months regarding the next Phase for PTX-100, with any luck moving straight to a registrational trial.

I have a friend who works for a company that facilitates medical trials for clients out of a major hospital.

He specifically runs the finance team that costs the trials.

He tells me the money has dried up across the board, his seeing less and less potential trials coming across his desk and budgets drying up for ongoing trials.

We both tend to think high interest rates are the killer here, cost of capital now has consequences as opposed to 24 months ago.

A softening of the US economy would probably be the best thing for biotech, with the potential for lower interest rates.

Oddly enough when the economies are trucking biotech has nose dived, perhaps when capital becomes a little cheaper and returns on deposits drop funds will start to flow again for biotech?

Hopefully the flagged challenges of 2025 and slower GDP represents opportunity for companies like PTX and the share price?

Either way, it's a long journey...Steady she goes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.003(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $31.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.1¢ 3.9¢ $75.11K 1.897M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 355874 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 75 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.