PTX 2.44% 4.2¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Daily happenings?., page-526

1. 7,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3331
    It hasn't really been discussed in detail but Steven has stated on several occasions that we have a sufficient cash runway to get us deep into Phase 2. Not that we should take that as code for a "no CR on the horizon" scenario. However, it's not as though the company needs to fund the trial upfront for the full quota of the proposed recruitment number.

Its been flagged by SYC that the co. won't pursue the trial or one arm of the trial (whatever the case maybe) if initial readouts don't stack up as expected. It sounds to me as though PTCL is the linchpin to our Ph2 trials being granted registration status too. In other words, PTX is approaching our Ph2 trial in a manner that will conserve funds and is starting its first site in Aust before expanding to sites in the US for that reason. Aust is renowned for lower-cost clinical trials and/or favourable tax rebates. To get other opinions on this would be good.

I don't know what you or others are expecting the cost per patient to be, but small molecule drugs don't cost anywhere near the $400k to $600k per patient range that CarT trials do. I recall Steven stating $70k per patient - the latest number of patients being considered is 120. So, based on that general costing, the entire trial from beginning to end would be less than $8.5m.

In cases where trials encompass increased complexity, endpoints, regulatory demands, and so forth, the expenses may rise accordingly. This will result in a significant financial outlay, and on top of the company's usual expenditure on maintaining the salaries and wages of management, the board, and other staff members. So, there is no getting around a CR at some juncture this year or early next.

I agree, iIt's highly unlikely that Big Pharma will be knocking on our door at this stage but if Ph2 data with TCL stack up then PTX-100 will likely become the focus for other cancer types and combo therapies. Perhaps venture capitalists or fundies will enter the scene then. I'd like to see a farm-in with PTX-100, more pre-clinical R&D and licensing deals for OmniCAR and CellPryme (eventually). I hope Gavin Shepherd's appointment sees some progress come to light across the company's so-called "portfolio".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.